Comment on page
What to do when the deployment wallet was hacked?
Discovering that your deployment wallet has been hacked can be distressing. However, taking immediate action is crucial to minimize damage.
This guide offers a step-by-step approach to handle a compromised deployment wallet. By following these recommendations, you can mitigate the incident's impact, protect your funds, and regain control over your contract. Acting swiftly is essential to safeguard your assets and preserve your project's integrity.
Here are the simplified steps to transfer ownership and set a new owner address using Etherscan:
- 1.Log in to your Heymint Launchpad account.
- 2.Connect your deployer wallet and navigate to your project.
- 3.Proceed to Contract Management and go to the "Overview" tab.
- 4.Ensure that the contract is verified.
- 5.Click on your contract address, which will take you to your contract's scanner.
- 6.In the scanner, locate the "Contract" tab and click on "Write as Proxy."
- 7.Follow the provided instructions to connect your Deployer wallet to the page.
- 8.Once your wallet is connected, find the "transferOwnership" function, which is used to transfer ownership of a contract.
- 9.Enter the new owner's address in the provided field, ensuring that it is correct.
- 10.Click on the "Write" button and review the details, including gas fees.
- 11.Confirm the transaction and wait for it to be processed on the Ethereum network.
- 12.Once the transaction is successfully mined, the contract's ownership will be transferred to the specified new owner address.
Please note that the steps and interface may vary slightly depending on the version of Etherscan or any updates they have implemented. Always carefully review the instructions and information provided by Etherscan when performing actions on their platform.
If you have used the same hacked wallet address for both your payout and royalties, it is crucial to change them to ensure the security of your funds. Here's what you need to do:
1. Log in to your Heymint dashboard.
2. Connect your new wallet to the dashboard.
3. Navigate to the "Contract Management" section.
4. Click on the "Payout" tab.
5. Locate the "Primary Sale" address field and remove the old wallet address from the text box.
6. Paste your new payout address into the text box.
7. Click on the "Save Payout Settings" button to save the changes.
8. A confirmation prompt from Metamask will appear. Follow the prompts and confirm the transaction to make the changes in the contract.
1. Just scroll below the “Payout” tab
2. Click on the pen icon or edit button next to the royalties address.
3. Paste your new royalties address into the provided field.
4. Click on the "Save" button to update the royalties address.
5. Another confirmation prompt from Metamask will appear. Confirm the transaction to finalize the changes.
By following these steps, you can change your payout address and royalties address on Heymint and ensure the security of your funds. Remember to verify the accuracy of the new wallet addresses before confirming any changes, and always follow the prompts from Metamask for transaction confirmations.
If the soulbound feature is enabled and the admin address is set to the hacked address, it is crucial to change the admin address to ensure the security of your contract. Here's what you need to do:
1. Navigate to the "Contract Management" section.
2. Click on the "Advanced" tab.
3. Look for the "Soulbinding" feature within the advanced settings.
4. Locate the pen icon or edit button next to the admin address for Soulbinding.
5. Click on the pen icon to edit the admin address.
6. Replace the hacked address with your new wallet address in the provided field.
7. Click on the "Save" button to update the admin address.
8. A confirmation prompt from Metamask will appear. Follow the prompts and confirm the transaction to save the changes.
By following these steps, you can change the admin address for the Soulbinding feature on Heymint and ensure the security of your contract. Always verify the accuracy of the new wallet address before confirming any changes and follow the prompts from Metamask for transaction confirmations.